Tasmania's own market
Tasmania’s own market is a selection of your favourite Salamanca Market stallholders and is running each Saturday from 8.30 am to 3 pm. Our new look market consists of over 230 stallholders representing artisans, designers and producers - it’s as Tasmanian as we can make it.
We have been working hard to support our stallholders and to ensure that we deliver a safe event with the same vibrant atmosphere of the original Salamanca Market.
You will find fresh produce from local growers, hot coffee and delicious breakfast and lunch options to enjoy, lots of gift ideas and plenty of handmade products.
We would like to extend our thanks to everyone who has supported us through the worst of the COVID-19 restrictions and we would like to encourage everyone to support our local stallholders as we rebuild what was once, and will be again, the best place to find Tasmanian handmade and home grown produce, talk to the makers and the producers, and find the heart of a creative and resilient island.
What can you expect?
Our market will look a little different to our usual market.
- Located on Salamanca Place, between the Law Courts and the Silo's.
- Dedicated entry and exit points.
- Hand sanitisers at each entry point and throughout the market.
- A light barrier around the market area.
- Contract tracing is mandatory and people can use the 'Check in TAS' app on their phones or complete a manual check in form.
- So we can maintain our 4000 people limit, we will be counting people as they come in and out.
- Our volunteer 'safety angels' will be roving to help us maintain a safe event.
Click here to download the market map.