Contact tracing is now required by the Tasmanian State Government for all events held in Tasmania.
What is contact tracing?
The market is required to record your name, telephone number and/or email address and the time and date you entered the market. This information will be used by the Tasmanian Government so they can contact you if there is a COVID-19 outbreak.
How is the market recording contract tracing?
The good news is that we have two very simple ways for people to register their contact details with us:
- Option one – download the Check in TAS app (preferred as much easier and faster)
- Option two – complete a paper form at the entrance to the market
How to use the Check in Tas app
Step one download the app and register your details
- Before you come to the market, download the ‘Check in TAS’ app to your mobile phone. It can be found on the Google Play Store and Apple Store. A link to the official government information is here - https://www.health.tas.gov.au/covid19.
2. Open the app and register your contact details. You only need to do this once.
How to use the app to check in
When you are at the market, go to the entrance and line up in the FAST Lane.
- Open the ‘Check in TAS’ app on your phone and select ‘Check in Now’
- Hold your phone over the QR code on the signage. The app will read the code using the phone camera.
- Before you press submit add in any additional people that are in your group.
- When the check-in is complete, show our staff the successful check in screen with the green tick.
If you have any trouble our safety angels will be on hand to help answer questions. We will also have paper forms available for people to complete.
Commonly Asked Questions
I don’t have a phone what can I do?
If you don’t have a phone, then simply complete a paper form at one of our entrances to the market.
Can I check in before I come to the market?
You cannot check in before you are at the market. You must scan the QR code as you enter the market and show your registration to our safety angel volunteers. That way we know exactly who is at the market and the time they entered the market.
How long does check in take?
We estimate that once you have the app downloaded that check-in can be very quick and efficient. It should only take only a few seconds.
If you need to fill in one of the paper forms, then this may take a little longer depending on how many people are waiting to enter their details at our registration table.
Can I check in other people that are with me?
Yes, the app allows you to add the names of other people in your group.
What happens to my information?
The data collected on the Check in TAS app goes directly to the Tasmanian Government and will only be accessed if contact tracing is required.
Paper forms that are completed at the market are held by Salamanca Market for 28 days and only released to the Tasmanian Government on request. After 28 days they will be destroyed. Please refer to the City of Hobart's privacy statement.