What is puppy parking?
Puppy parking allows you to leave your dog in the care of an RSPCA Tasmania staff member between 9 am and 1 pm on a Saturday market day. The program caters for up to 20 dogs at any one time, for a maximum time of two hours per dog. Dogs are given a mat and water bowl and are supervised in return for a donation that goes directly to RSPCA Tasmania.
The process is as follows:
Visit the RSPCA Tasmania tent with your dog, complete the form with your contact details, show your identification and:
- make a donation to RSPCA Tasmania
- your dog will be tethered securely, with a mat and water bowl
- you can then enjoy the market for up to two hours while your dog is being supervised
- the RSPCA staff member will ring you if you don't return to collect your dog by the designated time
- you will need to show your identification to collect your dog.
The service only accepts a limited amount of dogs at any time and if the dog minding area is full, patrons will be asked to come back later in the day.
- dogs must have a suitable collar or harness and be registered
- Salamanca Market and RSPCA Tasmania will endeavor to take all care with your dog but will accept no liability
- RSPCA Tasmania has the right to refuse any dog, and will not mind any dog that is disruptive or unwell
- all dogs must be collected prior to 1 pm as the dog minding service will finish and the area will be packed up
- dogs that are not collected after 1 pm will be impounded and fees will apply
If you'd like to provide feedback about puppy parking, you can contact us here: Contact us